Sunday, October 17, 2021

Las Vegas, Here I Come!

It feels quite different to be living in Arizona, and so close to Las Vegas. I can sometimes catch flights that take just over an hour to get there and cost less than $100. If I was making a quick trip, it could be laughably cheap on an airline like Spirit or Frontier if I had no carryon or checked luggage. I can drive there in about five hours, depending on restroom and meal breaks. Although these options are attractive, having three good poker rooms in town certainly lessens my desire to head to Sin City. But ... I haven't been there in awhile, I'm tired of the local rooms, and hope to meet up with some friends who are in Las Vegas.

I generally play cash games and get in maybe one small buy-in tournament. right now, there are so many excellent choices in tournaments with the WSOP going on and with great poker series at places like Wynn, Golden Nugget and Orleans. However, the one I am looking at is a Wednesday morning WSOP seniors tournament. Sounds about right for me!

As I write this post, I am still working on my Arizona Defensive Driving online class. I am hopefully near the end. Total time to take it will be about four hours, I believe. I must admit that I have learned a couple of things, but certainly not four hours worth!

So ... if any friends want to meet up in Las Vegas, hit me up in one social media form or another or text if you have my phone number. It will be nice to get away for a few nights, although my life in retirement is certainly much more relaxed than it had been while I was a working professional the past 38 years. Life is indeed good!

Thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

Blogger skippob said...

Here's wishing you good luck at the seniors, i'll try to knock you out or not.

9:46 PM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Why are you taking a defensive driving class? What happened?

7:03 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Coming home from a poker session in late August (ar 2am), I was caught speeding by a photo enforcement camera. It was either take the class or get a traffic conviction on my record (which also cost about $45 more than the online class).

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home