Friday, December 03, 2021

My Year of Concerts

When COVID-19 became a reality early in 2020, one of the unfortunate fallouts was the cancellation of concert tours throughout the world. As things have gotten better in 2021, so many bands and musical groups have again hit the live performance trail. One of the nice things about my move to Phoenix has been the great number of concert venues and the number of performers who have their shows only 45 minutes or so away. Being somewhat newly retired and not getting any younger, I decided to have a year when I would go to lots of concerts. The ones I have attended in my year are, so far:

Aug 14, 2021: Cheap Trick, The Showroom at Talking Stick Resort, Scottsdale, AZ

Aug 27, 2021: Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, The Showroom at Talking Stick Resort, Scottsdale, AZ

Sep 26, 2021: KISS, Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ

Oct 24, 2021: John Fogerty, The Pool, Talking Stick Resort, Scottsdale, AZ

Nov 6, 2021: The Rolling Stones, Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV 

I have already purchased tickets to a few other shows so far:

Dec 5, 2021: Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ

Jan 29, 2022: Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, ASU Gammage, Tempe, AZ

June 7, 2022: Chicago and Brian Wilson with Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin, Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ

I have already passed up some great shows for one reason or another and will almost certainly be adding more in over the next several months. However, I have already seen three concerts off my "concert bucket list" (Herman's Hermits, John Fogerty and The Rolling Stones) and will be seeing another (Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons) in January. The only other one that I can think of that might be on the list would be America, although I had seen and met former member the late Dan Peek at a small concert at MacMurray College in Jacksonville, IL almost 40 years ago.

For my readers: Any bands, groups, or singers on your concert bucket list?

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irishwake said...

Fogerty for sure. Maybe Heart & Fleetwood Mac. Two I would see again are Seger & Silver Bullet but he might be done touring and George Thorogood & Destroyers.

7:08 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Fogerty was excellent. I saw Heart not too many years ago. I was disappointed. I kicked myself for missing Seger on his last tour. George Thorogood was in town, but I passed. I had seen him once before in the 80's when he was at his peak.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home