Friday, June 02, 2023

On to Las Vegas!

The month of May just seemed to fly by. It started out with my wife taking an international trip and being gone for 12 days. Throw in my oldest daughter's birthday, Mother's Day, school years ending and the like, and May was likely a busy month for many others also. I kept on playing poker pretty regularly and continued what has so far been a pretty successful 2023. I decided to skip going to Las Vegas in May and decided that I would go at the beginning of June. That being said, it is almost time to return to Sin City.

I have been getting some very nice Las Vegas offers this summer. I will be driving out next Tuesday, May 6 and staying until Monday, May 12. I also have the option to stay an extra day or two if needed or desired. Although I have mostly abandoned tournament play, I was looking at making my return to the WSOP by playing in either the new Gladiator donkathon and/or a WSOP senior daily. I might even consider something at the Golden Nugget, Orleans or South Point. In summer, there are soooo many tournament series going on.

I'll be shifting around in my stay this trip: one night at ol' standby Excalibur, two nights at South Point (first time staying there) and three nights at Golden Nugget (first time staying there). The second half of the trip should be interesting as my worst Las Vegas poker room (results-wise) is Golden Nugget. In over 100 trips to Las Vegas, I have only stayed on Fremont Street two nights -- at Four Queens. I have generally felt uncomfortable on Fremont in the evenings, so I am open to reframing my experiences there.

Although not set in stone, a side trip to North Las Vegas to play some poker and blackjack at the Poker Palace may be in order. Tony Bigcharles, NormInVegas and I went there earlier in the year and had a blast.

If any one wants to meet up, say hello or grab a meal or a drink, hit me up with a blog comment or a PM on Twitter. I am hoping that the construction on/near the Strip won't cause me too much trouble.

Thanks for reading. Cya in Las Vegas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home