Monday, June 05, 2006

Three tournaments, three different stories

1) Cardschat.com Sunday $10 Special at Titan

Got unbelievable cards at the beginning - AA, KK, JJ - you name them, I got them. Went out to a big chip lead, then saw my stack erode when the cards stopped coming after the first break. Couldn't hold onto enough and became the bubble boy - out in fourth place with the top three cashing.

2) Online Players Tournament (OPT) $10 buy in at PokerHost

Got NO cards the first hour and was down to an "all in or nothing" stack. With virtually no chips, I get 7-2os in the Big Blind! The flop comes 2-A-K. The only other person in the hand is in as bad a shape as I am. So, what the heck - I go all in with a pair of deuces and represent a pair of Aces or Kings. My opponent decides to back off, and I stay alive.

After the first break, the cards change and I am looking at the final table. A couple of the deeper stacks go at it, and suddenly the last three left at the table are myself, the guy I beat with my mighty 7-2os (FifthStreetBully - a good player and a good guy), and the chip leader, who had a tremendous stack. Fifth saw his opportunity to take a stand and went all in. And then there were two.

Second time in about a week that I made the final two in an OPT buy in. Second time the chip leader had a huge advantage over me. Unfortunately, the second time I had to settle for second place. Yes, once again, the bling eluded me.

3) Absolute $5 NL Freezeout Tournament

About the third hand, I am dealt 9-9. The bet is raised to 60 and I call. Two players. Flop is A-9-rag. I check, my opponent checks. Turn is a 5. I bet about 250. My opponent raises. I put him on a pair of Aces with a good kicker or two pair. I go all in and am called. What does my opponent have? Pocket rockets! Great way to end a long day of poker. It sure beats working, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home