Thursday, August 17, 2006


The Circle of Life

Today was one of those days when I remember that poker is just a game and really unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

My father passed away two years ago today. In some ways it seems so long ago, and in others, so recent. I wore one of his White Sox shirts to work today. He would have been so thrilled to see the Sox win the World Series last year. However, my family feels so fortunate that he passed away before dementia robbed him of his very core. I miss you Dad, and I'll never forget all that you did for me while I was growing up.

I hope I have some temporary relief of my own fears today. Several weeks ago, I was injured in a collision in a softball game. My chest x-ray not only showed my cracked rib, but a shadow on my lungs. Several trips to the clinic and many tests later, it is hoped that what is showing on my x-rays is either harmless or was caused by the the collision. Nothing in my personal or family health history indicates the likelihood of something terrible, and I have felt perfectly healthy (except for the cracked rib, of course) for some time. I am hoping that the potential problem with my lungs was caused by the trauma of the collision. I'll get new x-rays and be reexamined in three months. I hope the news then is all good.

Until then, I'll continue my quest to get better and better at poker. I will be going to Las Vegas in just over two weeks, and can't wait to get on some real tables and take a break away from these frustrating online "learning experiences."

Oh yeah - got great cards tonight at a Shark tourney at Absolute. Almost like someone picked them out for me. Dad??? lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home