Sunday, August 20, 2006

I was ripped off ...

Went to see the Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows last night at the Illinois State Fair. I had seen the Goo Goo Dolls twice before and was looking forward to see what Counting Crows had to offer.

Talk about disappointing. The Goo Goo Dolls came on first (huh?) and muddled their way through the first 45 minutes (Hey John - you have to hit those notes once every so often), butchering songs like Slide (one of my favorite), and even doing a subpar job on Iris. The last 25 minutes were okay. Surprisingly, their last encore song, Give a Little Bit, was their best of the evening.

Counting Crows? Geeeeez, they sucked. Adam Duritz - I want my money back! Big Yellow Taxi was terrible, and they didn't even perform Mr. Jones and Accidentally in Love. What other groups go on tour and don't play popular fan favorites?

Thank goodness the ticket was cheap. I am paying almost three times that amount to see Chicago in November, and I will almost certainly feel like I got the better end of the deal.

Before the concert, I stopped to eat dinner with an old friend, John. He had the Paris Hilton video on his computer, so I saw that for the first time. Seemed to me like the video was on par with the concert.

John told some stories about his recent travels to Europe and showed me some of his souvenirs. Surprisingly, his stories provided much more entertainment that Paris's sex video and the crappy concert. Who'd have figured?

1 Comments:

Blogger MTC said...

Hey Light, don't hold back say what you feel (hehe)

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home