Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A few results and some important news ...

Results for Nov 28

WWdN: weak player Invitational @ PokerStars:
Gee - sounds like it was meant for me. Unfortunately, A-K and 7-7 were the best cards I got in an hour. Not a recipe for success. 28th place, 43 entrants. Yuck.

OPT Room freeroll:49th out of 335. Yep -- I cashed -- for $.55. lol

K9 freeroll @ Doyle's Room:

Well, at least one somewhat successful tourney tonight.

Actually, I had great success at the Poker.com NL ring games today, so the day was not a total loss.


The Important News

Readers of this blog may remember my story back in June about getting into a collision playing softball. Yes, I did crack a rib, but I also had a little more serious scare.

I knew there was trouble when the Urgent Care physician looked at my x ray and asked about the previous rib injury I mentioned. Then, a few days later, I was called and advised to make an appointment with my family physician because of concerns from the x ray. I then had to get a CT scan to get a better look at what appeared to be a mass on my lower left lung.

Having smoked only about 100 cigars and cigarettes in my life, I was of course pissed that I could possibly be looking at lung cancer while the smokers of the world continued to foul the air that I breathe.

Well, the test results were inconclusive, but with my good health and lack of smoking history, my lung doctor believed that the shadow was caused by some sort of damage to my ribs and/or lungs during the softball collision. I was to get x rayed again in November.

I got the x ray and saw my doctor on Monday. The mass appears to have gotten smaller, so I am not scheduled for a return visit for six months. Looks like I am in the clear.

Needless to say, I feel relieved. These last several months have seen a lot of soul searching and thinking. For now, it looks like I'll be around for many more tournaments ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kent22 said...

Scary stuff. I'm sure everything will turn out OK. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

-Clay

8:58 AM  
Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Cancer can't hold a candle to the every day rigors of online poker, but its still great to hear that you don't need to be sweating your health.

Great News.

11:11 AM  
Blogger MTC said...

Here's to a full and speedy recovery Light. I need guys like you to push me to improve.
That said I am still gonna steal your blinds every once in a while

12:47 PM  
Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Kept an eye on you in the BPT tourney today. Right now you're in 14th out of the last 16. Good luck.

Check out my blog to see my fate in the tourney. Drives me nuts.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home