Monday, January 29, 2007

Poker Ennui
I find that I am not alone in feeling a sort of listlessness when it comes to online poker these days. After the initial bloodbath in 2006 which saw several sites close its doors to USA players, the loss of Neteller and the scramble to find new alternatives for payment has led to a general disenchantment with playing online.
I feel that in so many ways I am adrift on a small raft in the sea of online poker, just trying to make it through the day to see the next. My aspirations have dwindled, I have lost some of the joy of playing, and frankly, my play has suffered as a result. What used to bring me so much happiness is now "just okay."
Fortunately, a few of my poker groups have helped to keep me anchored in the game. The K9 Poker Tour has a great community, and a recent Forum Challenge had us joining together to attempt to whomp other forums. The CardsChat Bodog buy in events have continued to provide me small, fun tournaments against crafty online players.
I am going to Las Vegas on Super Bowl Sunday. I am hoping that a little live action will help to revive my spirits since I seem to be suffering from some sort of poker depression.

2 Comments:

Blogger MTC said...

Wow this is scary Light, I basically wrote the same thread on my Blog. I think alot of people are feeling this way. Going to A.C. was a good diversion for me, hopefully the live action will light a spark for you. Good luck and go easy on those "Bears" bets.
My brothers called me yesterday from Notre Dame, they were looking at all the Heisman trophies (and it was snowing)

8:52 AM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Thanks for the info. about neteller. I'll be patient.

Your coming out here for superbowl? Very nice! Where will you be playing?

I'll be playing in the Ventian poker room on Saturday and then I'm not sure yet about Sunday.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home