Friday, February 02, 2007

Ready for Las Vegas - Poker and the Super Bowl

Thanks goodness January is over. With the Neteller news and the ongoing feeling that online poker keeps getting closer and closer to extinction for US players, I am glad that we are in February, that I am going to Las Vegas to play some poker, and that the Bears are finally back in the Super Bowl.

My predictions: 1) coin flip - tails; 2) Bears by 6

As for Las Vegas ... I might get a little more involved in tournaments this time. I will probably play Sunday night (after the Super Bowl) by ear. Since I am staying at Excalibur for one night, I might play the poker room there. It used to be one of my favorite places when I was cutting my teeth at the poker table. If the $1/2 NL game is not juicy there, I might give MGM another try. I have had bad things happen to me there, so I really need to turn things around.

Otherwise, I imagine that I will play at least one of the Caesar's tournaments, maybe Sahara, and possibly a few other places. Visits to Bally's and Paris NL tables are on the agenda, but I will probably spend significant time at the two places that seem to me to be the best in Las Vegas: The Venetian and Wynn.

I still have not gone into Hooters and am lamenting the old San Remo prime rib special that was a standard on so many trips.

So ... barring any amazing news in the next day or so, I will next update my blog after returning from Las Vegas.

May the poker gods be with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger mookie99 said...

Good luck in Vegas !

Go Bears !

2:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Best of luck in Vegas !

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home