Sunday, April 01, 2007


Wow - I won a PS3 tonight! Thank you K9 Poker Tour!
During the month of March, the K9 Poker Tour was running an "incentive tour" -- satellite freerolls and maybe even a money event or so -- for a grand prize - a PS3. I played in and qualified in the second freeroll that was run and then waited out the month for the final. There were 41 runners competing for the prize.
It was one of those tournaments when virtually everything went right. I got some good cards early, chipped up, and then hit a torrid streak of cards, enabling me to become an early chip leader and control much of the action at my table. At some points of the tournament, I had a substantial lead. Of course, the inevitable run of poor cards came and I drifted back to earth and stayed within the top four or so.
I played well and, of course, got some of the breaks that you need to win a tournament. However, I created some of my own breaks by playing aggressively.
The final table was a well-fought match. Fortunately, I was able to make it to the final two, then came out on top of a tough heads up match with stri8up. Kudos also go to Heuvy31, the third place finisher. When it got down to the final three, we were all about even at 20,000. Any of us could have captured the prize.
Since I recently bought a Wii for my family, I am not sure if I'll keep the PS3. How do you find time for gaming when poker calls?

5 Comments:

Blogger Schaubs said...

wow nice work! great job, you deserve it.

12:06 AM  
Blogger DangerMouse said...

WTG Lightning, I watched your table for most of the tourney and I thought you played great. One really lucky hand at the end against Heuvy but that`s poker as they say. A well deserved win. If you would, send me an e-mail of this post and I`ll put it up on the K9 Blog.

6:54 AM  
Blogger The Average Joe said...

Kudos on the victory and PS3!! You don't want to keep it... hmmm... I guess you could eBay it but I don't think you'd get much for it now since the early hype is over...

10:28 AM  
Blogger MTC said...

Lightning!! Good game buddy. Saw you in the lead pretty early and knew you would be a factor. Congrats

6:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Assualt? More like survive. Thanks for stopping by.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home