Monday, August 20, 2007

Pretty good run in the 24K -- 40th out of 1271. Last hand: My A-K vs 10-10. No help on the flop, turn, or river.

Fun tournament in that fellow Cardschat member combuboom finished in 61st place and fellow poker blogger Mike_Maloney finished in 29th. RecessRampage was railing along with iam23skidoo. It's nice to have other players to root for and get some encouragement from the rail.

My good hands all held up, but I had a long dry spells that caused me problems. I could not hit a flop to save my life in the first hour. I then had a couple of big hands and chipped up all the way to 20th place, then went card dead for almost two hours and had to rely almost exclusively on stealing blinds to stay in the second or third tier of players. When it looked like I was about to go belly-up, I hit a torrid streak of cards and chipped up really fast. Unfortunately, I then got another terrible dry run when the increasing antes and blinds turned my table into an all-in fest. I made some wise lay downs, but may have made a mistake in not taking a chance in some potential double-up situations.

In summary, it was a fun tournament and reaffirmed my ability to wade through a large starting field, but it left me wanting to get closer to the big money at the final table. Maybe next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Maloney said...

Congrats on the finish. Obviously we both would have liked to go deeper, but it is what it is.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home