Thursday, December 13, 2007

It has been fun reading some of the reports of the bloggers gathering in Las Vegas last week. I was particularly amused to read of some of the people who dropped some big bucks in restaurants. You see, my brother and I, the original low rollers, usually eat a buffet once a day and then grab a quick meal for the other part of the day. I have rarely been to any of the decent restaurants in Las Vegas, and actually end up spending little on food. Of course, when you are having a good run at the poker table, eating and/or leaving is usually the last thing on your mind. I once went about 20 hours in Las Vegas without eating since I hate to eat food at the poker table. Geez - maybe I need to get in on some of these blogger meals at the nice places!

Tournament results this week have sucked. After almost taking down last week's Riverchasers event, I have had unremarkable showings in the MATH, Bodonkey, and the Mookie. I hope to make another run at Riverchasers tonight since it is one of the last opportunities to get to the bloggers tournament of champions.

In other matters ... life really sucks right now. Work has been really overbearing the past seven weeks, and I am glad that I will get a little break at the end of December. I am worn out physically and mentally, and my poker game has certainly suffered. I have even fallen asleep during some of the tournaments -- not exactly a +EV situation. I have made some really boneheaded moves that even I can't explain. I'm not trying to make excuses, but when the choice is either playing a blogger tournament while exhausted or going to bed, the poker wins out every time, right? I am either on my game or I suck. Unfortunately, I suck the majority of the time. Ah well ...

Some possible immediate "fixes" for my struggles:
1) Take a break away from the blogger tournaments
2) Go on hiatus from the blog
3) Start moving away from online poker
4) Hop on a plane and head to my favorite hideaway -- Las Vegas, of course

2 Comments:

Blogger Fuel55 said...

Great meals with great wine shared with great friends is what life is all about.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

All of the above!

Hang in there dude, you'll start to feel better soon. Get someone else to shovel your snow!

Hire a kid!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home