Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Yeah - that just about sums it up pretty well.

After sitting out The Big Game on Sunday, I was ready to make my first try at blogger nirvana at Monday at the Hoy (MATH). Unfortunately, about 20 minutes into the tournament, I was dealt Ah-Qh. The flop: Kh-Jh-rag. I have been doing a pretty good job of not chasing recklessly, but the thought of possibly getting Royal Flush #2 filled my head like like the smell of cheap wine to a street alcoholic. Although I know it was stupid, I not only chased after the flop but after the turn as well. These poor decisions led to a depleted stack early in the game, putting me at quite a disadvantage. Even with picking up some easy chips since Astin was nowhere to be found and was blinding out, I didn't hit some crucial flops when I thought I had a chance to move back to an average stack. I ended up waiting for a big hand and then moved all in, but I lost -- and was outro. What a waste.

The good thing about poker, however, is that the chance for redemption usually lies right around the corner. I plan on playing at tonight's Bodonkey on Bodog and the Skills Series on Full Tilt.

And no Royal Flush chasing tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Good luck tonight!!! See you at the Skills game. (I've got a good 90 more minutes to learn how to play stud.)

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home