Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Dastardly lucko Stops My TOC Bid Again
Another deep run in Wednesday evening's Mookie came to an abrupt halt in third place, thanks to none other than lucko. I was the short stack of the final three (columbo was the other player), and pushed all in with K-10os. lucko called with Q-10os, so I was a 72% favorite to win the hand and double up. The picture above tells the sad story. lucko already had two BBT3 wins and added number three in the April 30 Mookie.
Although I had a good feeling about tonight since I had been getting to 6-8th place in recent blogger tournaments, I thought the mojo wouldn't be with me when I flopped a boat early against RecessRampage, only to see him catch some lucky cards and tie me for the pot.
I played a patient game tonight, then took down a huge pot when I hit a set of 9's on the flop. Unfortunately for Iakaris, he hit a set of 7's. I more than doubled up since one other player was already all in.
As I predicted, I actually caught some cards tonight, seeing A-A and Q-Q two or three times late in the tournamant. I don't remember any big missteps, so I have no regrets. I do, however, have one request: lucko -- stay the hell away from blogger tournaments until I win a TOC seat!

4 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

hose-a-ments

3:19 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Nice run last night!

Hey, if Waffles can do it, you definitely can. You've got too many solid finished...crystal ball says,

"This loss could be diving.
In other words, still in heaven"

Okay, poor translation from Japanese, but you get the picture. ;-)

8:39 AM  
Blogger lucko said...

Sorry dude, I am rooting for you to get your seat tho. You deserve one.

10:35 AM  
Blogger The Average Joe said...

Ah, there's the FTP special... bad times indeed

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home