Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All Hail Lee Elia
Twenty-five years ago today, Lee Elia, manager of the Chicago Cubs, gave the greatest rant in the history of professional sports. My work puter is having some audio issues, but I think that this link will give you the uncensored version:

http://mopupduty.com/index.php/lee-elia-mp3-rant-tirade-best-baseball-clip-of-all-time/

F*ck those f*ckin' fans who come out here and say they're Cub fans that are supposed to be behind you, rippin' every f*ckin' thing you do. I'll tell you one f*ckin' thing, I hope we get f*ckin' hotter than sh*t, just to stuff it up them 3,000 f*ckin' people that show up every f*ckin' day, because if they're the real Chicago f*ckin' fans, they can kiss my f*ckin' ass right downtown and PRINT IT.

They're really, really behind you around here...my f*ckin' ass. What the f*ck am I supposed to do, go out there and let my f*ckin' players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the f*ckin' nickel-dime people that show up? The motherf*ckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the f*ckin' game. They oughta go out and get a f*ckin' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a f*ckin' living. Eighty-five percent of the f*ckin' world's working. The other fifteen come out here. A f*ckin' playground for the cocks*ckers. Rip them motherf*ckers. Rip them f*ckin' cocks*ckers like the f*ckin' players. We got guys bustin' their f*ckin' ass, and them f*ckin' people boo. And that's the Cubs? My f*ckin' ass. They talk about the great f*ckin' support that the players get around here. I haven't see it this f*ckin' year. Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole f*ckin' life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.....

Alright, they don't show because we're 5 and 14...and unfortunately, that's the criteria of them dumb fifteen motherf*ckin' percent that come out to day baseball. The other eighty-five percent are earning a living. It'll take more than a 5 and 13 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There's some f*ckin' pros out there that wanna f*uckin play this game. But you're stuck in a f*ckin' stigma of the f*ckin' Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals an all that cheap sh*t...... it's sickening, it's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening f*ckin' situation we're in right now. 5 and 14 doesn't negate all that work. We got 143 f*ckin' games left.

What I'm tryin' to say is don't rip them f*ckin' guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my f*ckin' ass. But don't rip them f*ckin' guys 'cause they're givin' everything they can give....

Meanwhile at the MATH ...

I decided to play an aggro game and sucked out a few times. I finished in the money, but just missd the final table, finishing 7th. I did not catch many cards in the first couple of hours, but I did hit a torrid streak as we got close to the money. The big hand that essentially kept me from the final table was when my K-J lost (TPGK) to K-Q.

I hope to have a good showing tonight at the Bodonkey. I used to rule this tournament (four wins), but I have been struggling since the stakes went up.

Bodonkey Update

I finished a couple of spots out of the money at the Bodonkey -- 7th, if I recall correctly. It became pushmonkey time once we neared the final table, and a complete lack of cards caused my stack to decrease too much, only to get dominated when I finally came up with something -- Ace-rag.

Actually, I got virtually no cards the entire tournament. I did get Big Slick once or twice, but I do not recall getting a pocket pair higher than 8-8. I hope that means that tonight's Mookie will see me flush with AA, KK, QQ, ...

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Funny you should mention that. Every year I've done a big project on fatals in Weld County. One year we had 73 and another year we had more than 90. Usually they take me several months to complete.

This is one of the largest counties in the country - bigger than Rhode Island - so that's part of it. But it's also a dangerous place to drive, no doubt. Lots of county roads and bad intersections.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home