Thursday, May 08, 2008

An Unsolicited Pimp for TireRack.com
We all bitch about the lack of service we receive from a variety of businesses and providers, so I find it only fair to pimp a business that showed me absolutely outstanding speed and ease in making and filling my online order - Tire Rack.

Buying new tires for your vehicle is, in my mind, one of the worst experiences you can have -- second only to buying a new car. It seems like everyone is out to get your last penny, gives you different information about what kind of tires you should really have, and really makes the whole experience quite distasteful. I wanted to buy locally, but got nowhere with the local shop of a national discount tire business. I went online to the store's national website to get a price on tires and was told that it would cost much more to buy those same tires at the local shop -- "you know, shipping and added expenses." I said no thanks and went to the online place a friend recommended, tirerack.com. Tires are at a reasonable price and are shipped out of South Bend, Indiana and a few other places nationally. You have them shipped to a local approved installer, who, of course, charges you to put them on.

I ordered the tires and was amazed to see the confirmation email that they had been shipped less than three hours after my order!! They were received at the installer the next day, and I had them put on that afternoon. From original online order to installation -- less than 27 hours! And ... they came from out of state.

I got a brand of tires I really wanted and saved $125 from the bid given to me by the local "discount" tire shop.

So ... a tip of the hat and a well-deserved pimp to tirerack.com for making online ordering easy, selling tires at a reasonable price, and providing exceptional service.

2 Comments:

Blogger BrainMc said...

I have heard about them on Motorweek and seen their print adds. I didn't know anyone that had purchased from them. Did you have a list of installers to pick from?

The tires on my new car are going to be a little pricy, so if I can save a couple of hundred I'll have to consider it.

3:44 PM  
Blogger BrainMc said...

Tough one running in to Aces at the final table last night at the Bodonkey.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home