Thursday, June 26, 2008

Riverchasers Victory, Other Cashes ...
I picked up a Riverchasers victory tonight against a small but always "entertaining" group. Poor AlCantHang -- going all in pre-flop with K-K and getting called by Q-8 sooted -- and losing as a Queen hit the flop and the river was an 8. C'mon -- who calls an all in with Q-8 in the early part of a tournament, risking a significant part of his/her stack?
Hoy had a huge chip lead at the final table, but I went all in with 10-10 and he called with 9-9. That hand put me into second place and gave me a little breathing room. I had one suckout at the final table, calling and all in with Ace-rag against a pocket pair, and hitting a straight on the river. That was the one lucky hand needed to win the tournament.
Hoy and I had a rather short heads-up battle. I had the chip advantage when I was dealt pocket Jacks. As I recall, I raised, and Hoy went all in. I called. The result:

Yowsa! Sorry sir, but you do not crush this blogger. It feels good to get this victory not too long after winning the BBT3 Freeroll.

Other Cashes

I also played the Shark Home Game at Absolute tonight and finished in the money in 6th place. I was in first a large part of the tournament, but losing Q-Q vs K-2 (shortie all in) at the final table brought me back to the pack, and I struggled, as did everyone, with the huge blinds. I had HeadWaiter to my left, which really sucked. He put a lot of pressure on me, especially when I was in the small blind. In fact, I went out when I was in the small blind, pushing K-9 since there had been no calls or raises. Unfortunately, HeadWaiter had A-K and had me covered. End of story.

Cashed in a small HA tourney Wednesday night hosted by NYRambler. Also cashed at Full Tilt in an Omaha game. Funny thing -- I am beginning to like Omaha and Omaha 8.

4 Comments:

Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Fantastic Job winning Riverchasers last night. You played great man!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S !

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Awesome! Much congratulations, and triply so for crushing Hoy heads-up. You da man!

4:57 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Thanks, guys. But mondo ... didn't Hoy try to claim (in buying his BBT3 TOC seat) that finishing first and second were essentially the same? Gee -- I wonder why he didn't brag about "winning" the Riverchasers event?

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home