Thursday, August 28, 2008

Does anything ever go right ???

My closing is now delayed until next week -- when I will be in Las Vegas. Yes, this is causing many adaptations, not to mention a churning stomach.

I got the news from my attorney late this afternoon that the title company had rescheduled closing from Friday to next Wednesday. There had been a delay in the appraisal, and apparently this factored in in some way through the government-sponsored loan my buyer is getting.

So ... I have to fill out a Power of Attorney form, leave my wife to sign at the closing, have a decision to make about paying real estate taxes since they are due on Tuesday ... bah.

The funny thing was, I called my real estate agent (dual agent in this sale) to ask him what happened. He was shocked to hear it! wtf!!!

So ... I hope that nothing derails this sale. It sucks when I did everything I needed, yet something beyond my control gets screwed up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lategreatjc said...

Man I would think that they could move this up for you! I hope every thing turns out ok!

6:35 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Ugh. How frustrating. When we built this house, the bank had done a "drive by" appraisal to get a nice ballpark for a price. All is well and good. Our appraisal arrives the day of closing and we find out that this time it was 18% less then the original "guess". Suddenly, we need to either start the mortgage process all over or agree to mortgage insurance. Thanks.

11:37 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Don't be surprised by the delays...mine happened 5 times...it will get done....
Speaking of power of attorney....I signed off so I wouldn't kill the guy who eventually bought the house...if I was in the same room with the guy I would have lost it. He wanted to send me a card or something...my RE agent told him "that probably is not a good idea...just be happy to have the house (probably translated into Spanish)"

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home