Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Next Las Vegas Trip Less Than A Month Away

With my last visit to Las Vegas becoming more of a distant memory (my non-gambling trip this past June), I am ready for a little Las Vegas poker action. I'll going to Sin City September 1-5. I had originally planned to stay at the Imperial Palace (hard to turn down $25/night at a center strip location), but, since my brother, the King of Komps is going, I'll be staying somewhere else. I'll be at MGM for two nights and then Ballys for two nights. The rooms will be comped, and the cost for my flight, after using my frequent flier miles, will be ... $10. Not bad, huh -- $10 for round-trip airfare and four nights on the Las Vegas strip?

When my brother gets comped rooms, we try to stay at places we've never stayed before. I hear that the MGM rooms are okay, but the biggest hassle is the enormity of the place -- a 25-minute walk to get anywhere, so people have said. And although Ballys is one of my poker home bases in Las Vegas, I have never stayed there. It will be nice to be able to stay at the tables late and then just take an elevator to get to my room. My brother-in-law will also be going, so that will add a twist to the trip.

What About That Roof?

FINALLY ... my roof is fixed. I called my roofer this morning to check on the repair status, and he said that he was able to get out before the rain yesterday and got it repaired.

I can not believe how difficult it was just to get someone to fix my damn roof. With roofers who would not even return a phone call or failed to show up to do the repairs, with handymen (who were recommended to me by friends) who would not return calls, with a roofer who said he could get to it this fall or this winter ... Argggggggghhhhhhh.

5 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

i have no idea how to get it done, but last time i stayed at mgm they upgraded me to "the loft." try to do that, the rooms (apartments?) are sick.

11:14 AM  
Blogger BWoP said...

Cool!

See you soon.

2:34 PM  
Blogger BrainMc said...

We stayed at Ballys over 4th of July. It was a great location and our room was nice. Well worth the inexpensive stay.

9:27 AM  
Blogger genomeboy said...

Hi-

I sent you a note on your "smiling" email...did you see it?

Jason

10:20 AM  
Blogger RaisingCayne said...

I too stayed at Bally's recently, and had nothing bad to say about it. (Didn't think much of their petty littl poker room, which you seem to enjoy, but the venue as a whole was great.)

Enjoy the trip!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home