Sunday, September 07, 2008

Nightmare Over -- House Sold
Yes -- it finally happened. The buyer in my house sale came back from Las Vegas and completed the sale. I was in Las Vegas at the time, so my wife took care of signing all the papers, which was probably a good thing. I was not sure if I could have been civil after the buyer's lame last-minute wavering on the purchase.

So ... outside of paying a couple of final utility bills, I am done! Although I had to make some financial adjustments due to the 13 months the house was on the market and the lower-than-anticipated selling price, it sure feels good to be out from under it. Thank goodness that my wife and I both have good jobs and could absorb the costs. On the other hand, we did sell the house for over 40% more than we paid for it, so I guess things could have been worse. At least the nightmare is over.

7 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

a final congrats on your sale......gotta suck and I think you spelled that out well.

;)

3:22 PM  
Blogger katitude said...

YAY!!!!!!! Congrats on achieving that feeling of relief :-)

3:48 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Fantastic news! I'm really glad to hear this. I expect an extra little bounce in your step now :-)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

That's great !! Glad it's over for you.

10:52 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Congratulations dude! It was like re-living the not so distant past all over again....

1:19 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Congratulations!!!!! Thankfully, the long ordeal is over, and you can get on to just livin' large and diggin' life. That's really cool to hear.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

Awesome news!!

phew, I am sure you feel 1000 lbs lighter.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home