Sunday, October 12, 2008

I was able to sneak into 4th place in the CardsChat Team Event #1. I played a little too loose at the beginning and was in danger of being one of the first people out. I tightened up and came back after much effort, then lost a coin flip (10-10 vs A-J) and was short stacked again. I was only 1 for 3 in coin flips, but I did have one suckout.
It was interesting playing for a team. I played a little differently in order to make sure that I was going further once we hit the points. I even passed up a call late in the game when I could have potentially knocked someone out. Ahhh ... if anyone who saw the play (several were surprised at the non-call) wants to hear my strategic reasons, pm me @ CardsChat.

Went out as a 67% favorite -- my 7-7 vs A-6sooted. He had pot odds to call.
Gotta win those hands late in tourneys. If I win, I double up late, then ... who knows. Yep -- a lot of things go into taking down an event of this size.

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Nice job anyway!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Yup, nice run, and surely a few decent multiples of the buy-in. You are so right, at this stage, you have to win a race or a 2:1 to make it all the way.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home