Thursday, November 27, 2008

I've Got Plenty To Be To Be Thankful For

I am certainly not like Bing Crosby's Jim Hardy in Holiday Inn, who was feeling sorry for himself at Thanksgiving. Rather, I am very thankful for a number of things in my life and for things that have happened this past year. My list includes:
1) My mom's health. Although still recovering from her many medical problems in 2008, she is actually doing quite well.
2) Selling my house. It sold after being on the market for about a year. Thank goodness it sold before the bottom fell out of the economy. I drove past it today. I had a big smile on my face.
3) A wonderful, loving wife who somehow puts up with me and all my crap.
"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels." Proverbs 31:10
4) Healthy children who are navigating the difficult job of growing up.
5) A secure professional job during these times of economic uncertainty. My wife is fortunate to have a good job also.
6) Good health -- pending a medical procedure next month.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

4 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Yes, plenty to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1:26 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Pauly said...

Thanks for playing in Turkey Cup!

10:04 AM  
Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

Happy Thanksgiving, John. It was great to see ya! It was truly an honor donkin' away all my chips to you at the Turkey Cup.

Talk to ya soon,

Mike

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home