Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just Another Fun Night

Last night was an interesting night in the online poker blogger world. Three diferent tournaments, three different sites.

World Blogger Championship of Online Poker event @ PokerStars

I was one of 559 poker bloggers hoping to make the final 72 and get a seat in the blogger championship final. I perhaps played a bit too loosely at the start and pissed off any chips I won. My big move came before the second break when my 3x raise in early position with A-A was raised all-in by someone with 10-10. The double up moved me as high as about 35th place. After that, however, nothing went right -- average cards and missed all my draws. I ended up going out in 85th place -- 13 away from a seat. Very frustrating. Had BamBam and BayWolfe at my table for some time. I don't really know BayWolfe, but he seemed like a damn good player. And ... it was fun playing with Bam ... as long as Pebbles stepped away, since we all know that she is the brains behind that poker decision-making team. He he.

Big congrats to the following guys who made a great showing in the tournament: Memphis MOJO - 4th place (way to go, bro!!), Loretta8 -- 12th place, and NumbBono - 17th place.
Bodonkey

Got Q-Q and raised. I was re-raised by big stack guy NumbBono. I went all in and was called by Numb, who had 10-10. A ten came on the flop, and once again a Bodonkey comes to a sudden, bitter end.

Blogger Skillz

The funniest game of the night for me was the Omaha H/L Skillz tournament on Full Tilt. PirateLawyer almost went out, then made this tremendous comeback and was kicking everyone's ass. I barely stayed in when a desperation all-in caught a boat on the flop. I was surviving on this mini stack when katitude and Zeem were all-in in a pot with PirateLawyer. He caught a flush on the turn, knocked both out (and collected two more bounties), and ... put me in the money! I guess we all need one of these every so often to make up for all the times we bend over to donkey play.
Damn -- I feel some sort of victory coming tonight. Watch out, world!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mondogarage said...

Good luck tonight, and in the JokerStars series. As it turns out, I won't be able to play in any of the events, given such shitty start times for us mountain folk.

(Well, I *could* play the Saturday one, but wifey and I are volunteering all day, and my band's got a gig that night.)

Take it down!!!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger BamBam said...

Always a pleasure to "see" you on the felt my friend.

OH....

And I'll work on that Kiss from Peb's for you.

:)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Shrike said...

Nice to see you at the tables as always.

I'm not seating my #1 spot on Skillz. But it only lasts another two weeks and then I have to begin again ...

-PL

5:36 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Congrats on your ticket dude!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home