Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Poker Challenge For All To See
Shark Poker Tour regular and resident cheerleader and clown jigdog issued the following challenge in the Shark Forum:

jigdog wrote:
i am the omaha/razz/horse/7stud/badugi/7-2loball/limit/ master!
do you dare challenge the jigdog?
I Thought Not!
cowards!

Well jizzdog, I answered your challenge in the forum. Pick your game -- either Omaha 8 or Razz. I will win. Guaranteed. I am posting it here since I know you will wet your diaper and run to your mommy when you see that someone is willing to teach you a lesson. Before you run and hide, please acknowledge that you are not worthy of carrying my jockstrap ... he he.

A Really Crappy Tout
While listening to Chicago sports talk radio yesterday morning, I heard one of the many annoying sports touts advertising his services.

"Eagles at the Giants. This game will be a blowout. You will clearly know the winner by halftime. Call this number for my free pick. Blah blah blah blah ..."

Now, I am not the best at picking football games, but a hot team coming into the home of the reigning champs in cold weather sounded like a close game to me. How could he predict a massive first half blowout?

Halftime score: Eagles: 10 Giants: 8
Final score: Eagles: 23 Giants:11

Clearly, even making a toll-free call for the information this "expert" gives is a total waste of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baywolfe said...

Most of these "touts" all operate on the law of averages concept. That free call probably alertnately gave the Eagles or the Giants as the winner, with the message at the end to "Call xxx-xxx-xxxx @ $2.99 a minute for next week's winner."

Let's say just half of the half that got the winning team do just that next week. How much revenue does that turn out to be? Average call time, probably 5 or 6 minutes as they string you along, multiply that by, what, 10,000 people?

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home