Monday, January 12, 2009

WHORE
Burris Cleared by Senate Democrats
By LIZ SIDOTI, AP
WASHINGTON (Jan. 12) - Eager to put the scandal-tainted standoff behind them, Senate Democrats accepted Roland Burris as President-elect Barack Obama's Senate successor on Monday and said they expect to swear in the new Illinois senator this week. "He is now the senator-designate from Illinois and, as such, will be accorded all the rights and privileges of a senator-elect," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois said in a joint statement.
From TIME:
Roland Burris ...
• In 1978, won the first of his three terms as state comptroller; became attorney general in 1991.
• Lost a 1984 Senate race, a 1995 Chicago mayoral race (he was creamed by Richard Daley) and was defeated in the 1994, 1998, and 2002 gubernatorial elections (the last time by Blagojevich).
• According to several Chicago Tribune stories from the 90s, Burris can regard slights against him as signs of racism. In 1998, he called his challengers "non-qualified white boys."
Gee Roland, the people of the state of Illinois liked you long ago, but ... when they got tired of your ass, then suddenly the race card is played.
We didn't want you in 1994, 1998, and 2002. What makes you think we want you now?
The best comes from Roland Burris himself:
"We are hoping and praying that they will not be able to deny what the Lord has ordained," Burris said. "I am not hesitating. I am now the junior Senator from the state of Illinois. Some people may want to question that and that is their prerogative."
You're damn right I question it. And I seriously doubt that God would want to come anywhere near the sleazy politics of Illinois, let alone choose our next senator.
I love Illinois. I've lived my entire life here. But never in my life have I been so embarrassed to admit it.

4 Comments:

Blogger OhCaptain said...

I just sit here scratching my head. Your politics, our senate race.

Geez. How long before baseball season. We just need to meet up at a ball game. First beer and dog are on me.

10:22 PM  
Blogger muhctim said...

Truth really is stranger than fiction.

11:28 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Can you guys take back Deval Patrick.....please?????

12:41 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Man, this whole thing has really bothered me. Anyone with real stones and character would have turned down the appointment.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home