Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Just Missed the Final Table of BBT4 Event 3

Just missed the final table of event 3 in BBT4. A poor play right before I went out might have changed things, but who knows?

The funniest thing that happened in this tournament (but it wasn't funny at the time) was that I kept dozing off during the first hour. I was up late last night for The Big Game, then posted in my blog. I only got a couple of hours of sleep, then worked all day, then went grocery shopping immediately after work. I had about 90 minutes of free time before the tournament, but I was bushed.

Anyway, I kept dozing off in the first hour and would wake up when I heard the Full Tilt warning ding that my time to act was almost up ... except for one time. I woke up to see that I was dealt pocket Aces! Before I could hit the raise button, I timed out and my hand was folded. Ouch.

My three decent BBT4 finishes have put me in third place in the first posting of the BBT4 Leaderboard, just short of second place. If only I can keep up this level of play, continue to avoid the bad beats, and especially win a tournament and secure my seat in the finals. Ahhhh ...

Tuesday night: BBT4 event 4 -- Limit Stud Hi/Low knockout tournament as part of the Blogger Skillz series. This should be interesting.

4 Comments:

Blogger muhctim said...

Nice half-awake run.. . Imagine, if you had snoozed the whole way, you mighta won it all, heh.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I railed you and muhctim until you both busted out. Nice run.

10:03 AM  
Blogger CEMfromMD said...

If my interesting for tonights tournament you actually mean a donkeyrific time, then yeah, it will be interesting. Hope you navigate through the minefield tonight.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

I'm tellin' ya, you're totally going to be in the TOC this time, I can feel it.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home