Monday, April 13, 2009

Calling All Chicago Sports Fans
Wowsa -- ESPNChicago.com looks great! http://espn.go.com/chicago/index
BBT4 Update
Although I am hanging in at third place on the overall leaderboard, I have yet to win a tournament. Very frustrating. Yesterday's Brit Blogger tournament was a disaster. With only 1500 starting chips and facing a big push by an unfamiliar opponent with a horrible ROI, do you call? I chose not to and immediately was down. I chipped back up, then took a big risk ... and lost. I guess I could have played the conservative route, but I wanted to be a factor rather just hanging on, hoping for some big cards.
Poker Streaks
Amazing how things in my poker life go in streaks. I can't win a BBT4 tournament, yet I can't seem to lose when I play against the people in the MurryTheCat forum. It is uncanny how the right cards always seem to appear in an MTC game. I would guess that my fellow bloggers don't consider me to be too much of a maniac, but the MTC folks probably see me as an ultimate LAG player. Go figure.

2 Comments:

Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

Hey John,

Poker goes in streaks, just like my blog posts...

Speaking of wondering... I was wondering if you could hook me up with an updated link on your blogroll.

The Poker Pub is now at http://onlinepokercircuit.com/imjusthere4thebeer

Thanks John and see ya on the tables soon.

Mike

2:04 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Nice looking blog you have going here... too bad it is Chicago-centric :D

Thanks for the welcome!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home