Friday, April 10, 2009

Daughters
Item: Daughter had mononucleosis and missed two weeks of school. She was lonely and decided to greatly exceed the number of text messages her plan allows. Cost: You don't want to know.

Item: Daughter has steady boyfriend and is going to prom. Daughter needs prom dress. $15 used dresses dad sees on Craig's List don't seem to be acceptable. Wife takes daughter shopping for prom dress. They find nice dress and excitedly call to tell me the good news. I hear the going price for prom dresses. I guess I am living in 1979. Paramedics are now gone and said that I should live. Only a mild heart attack, they speculate.

Item: Daughter wants to upgrade her style and decides to get contacts along with her glasses. Health plan only covers one set of glasses or contacts. Cha-ching.

Item: Son is hungry -- as always. I stop at fast food joint and order $5 worth of food. Son is happy as a clam.

Item: Local man advertises on Craig's List and offers to trade his daughters for boys ...

7 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I have a friend. She has a boy and a girl.

The girl is planning a $30 grand wedding for 2010. The boy wants a new computer.

It may be that extra X chromosome, but I'm not sure.

1:26 PM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

I feel your pain. I have 5 daughters and only 1 boy.

2:16 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

I have two daughters and no sons. So far so good. The oldest is 9. I know, my little dreamland will all fall apart soon enough. Until then...La La la la, I can't hear anything...La la la la...

3:15 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

I'm in the same boat OhCaptain....my daughter is almost 4 and baby daughter is 10 months old...I wonder what all that stuff is going to cost when they get older...

{{{{{{{shudder}}}}}}

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.....

3:25 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Daughters...can't live with them, can't sell them off into slavery.

11:04 AM  
Blogger lj said...

lololololol.

12:19 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

"Item: Daughter had mononucleosis and missed two weeks of school. She was lonely and decided to greatly exceed the number of text messages her plan allows. Cost: You don't want to know."

How could she be lonely if she got the kissing disease!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home