Wednesday, December 09, 2009

An Update
Wow -- so long since my last post. Work has been kicking my ass for the past 5+ weeks. This is always the busiest time of the year for me at work, so survival is often the goal.

Unfortunately, some things are already so far in the rear view mirror that they are almost out of my memory. For example, I made a little road trip and played at the home game of fellow blogger gadzooks64. The drive was 105 miles -- but worth it, right? I felt like I was playing really well, then got derailed when an unlucky card hit. Another come-from-behind hand and I was out. 'zooks has a great group of people at her home game. It made me sad to think that my great home game faded away a couple of years ago.

Hey -- I am in the final 9 of the Challenge ck ESPN Eliminator Challenge. I almost died last week when the Falcolns waited until the final minute to topple Tampa Bay. I was kicking myself for not taking the Cowboys at home against the Raiders. But hey -- almost everyone has had at least one close call.

Weather permitting, I will leave to join my fellow poker bloggers in Las Vegas in just over 30 hours. Not like I am counting or anything. You heard it here first -- I am taking down the WPBT Winter Classic. And oh yeah -- the winners of the Luckbox Last Longer Challenge will be Team D-Listers -- myself, OhCaptain, and pokerpeaker. Learn it. Know it. Live it. A special thanks to PokerStars for chipping in a cool $2000 to sweeten the pot for the challenge winners!

I hate to head to Las Vegas so burned out from work, but the part of me that has working my nuts off is ready for a little poker, socializing, and relaxation. I am looking forward to meeting some of my online poker friends in person for the first time. Does life get any better?

5 Comments:

Blogger OhCaptain said...

Very much looking forward to meeting you too. Enjoy your head start Thursday night, I'll be there as quick as I can.

5:11 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

enjoy Vegas dammit! FML...wanted to meet more people this year including the the Lightbulb....but like last year my chance to go has been crushed...dammit....

4:35 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

have a good trip!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger smokkee said...

cya this weekend nit

4:24 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Dude, have a great trip -- I'm actually pulling for your team. May major luckboxery persist!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home