Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Always Something..."


2010 is the year of uncertainty -- at least for me and for my family. In the next few days, we will hopefully get some idea of whether or not things will go on as they are, get better, or get worse.

My wife, like so many people, lost her job last summer when the local school district decided to cut back on expenses. With the job market being as tight as it is, she has not been able to find appropriate full time professional employment. We were recently notified that her unemployment benefits may have reached an end. We should know more tomorrow.

In the meantime, she is scheduled for a job interview Wednesday morning. Will she be offered a job? If not, will she continue to receive unemployment benefits until she can find something?

Of course, things are never easy. My oldest begins college in just over six months. My youngest needs braces. I have to pay for two hearing aids for myself. I have a health insurance problem that has been messed up for about a year. Sheesh.

Ever since Gilda Radner's exquisite character, Roseanne Roseannadanna, appeared on Saturday Night Live, I have joked with my Mom about Roseanne's signature line: "It just goes to show you -- it's always something. If it's not one thing, it's another." How true.

Update

It looks like the unemployment benefits have been renewed, so that is good news. Unfortunately, the place that will be interviewing my wife seems to have trouble getting it's act together regarding interview times. Her Wednesday morning interview has now been rescheduled to Thursday afternoon. Yeah -- it's always something ...

5 Comments:

Blogger bastinptc said...

I wish her good luck with the interview. Nothing quite says it better than cutbacks in education.

My wife's people have a saying: "Choose this way, it's dark. Choose that way, it's cold."

2:18 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

GL to Mrs. Lightning with her job interview.

Are you coming to the tournament at the Gold Strike?

8:34 AM  
Blogger BWoP said...

I wish Mrs. Lightning all the best on the interview :-)

4:39 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

I'll have to put up my recent happenings/outlook in a new post now..good luck with all the life stuff. This is the only Rosanna Rosanna Danna reference I think I have ever seen in a blog post. I like it...

12:51 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

"It's always something" and "It always works out in the end". I'm sure everything will work out, but good luck with the interview.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home