Sunday, February 07, 2010

PokerStars???
Since I had done pretty well at the WBCOOP at PokerStars, I decided to give the site another chance. Saturday afternoon I won an SNG satellite for the Nightly Seventy Grand and decided to play the tournament that night instead of banking the T money for another time.

The tournament actually went quite well. I finished 79th out of 1559 runners, getting as high as eighth place at one point. Running K-K into A-A late into the tournament was a killer. Also, I lost more flips than I won, thus finishing lower than I hoped. It was certainly worth it to take the risks, however, since the difference between 144th and 37th place was less than $39.

Now that I have some extra time this spring, I might give some of the nightly Stars tournaments some action. Or am I just being suckered in?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mondogarage said...

Here's the thing -- you are being suckered in, but it's well worth it anyway. ;-)

They always get you with the free samples, but the extended maintenance contracts are a killer.

But you've got solid game, so what the heck, go for it!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Take what they are giving you.

Enjoy the ride!

You never know when you'll crash!

Keep it up!

12:22 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

I never played much on PokerStars, but I'm starting to get sucked in too!

So far, it's been more profitable for me than FT . . .

2:06 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

I know everybody hates Stars for their so-called bad beats but I have much better results on Stars than on FTP...much better. There is a recent influx of Russian Donkeys that have no problem calling all in with A-anything though.....and they seem to be hitting a lot.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home