Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Driving Through the Flash Flood

I was in Springfield, IL for a seminar today -- Toxic Anger. Parts of the seminar spoke directly to some of our online poker brothas and sistas. Dr. Pauly wrote a great post about negativity and anger recently. Interesting tying together parts of my professional life and my leisure activities.

I met a friend for lunch at Willy P's Tap & Grill. I used to live in Springfield and longed for the city's signature dish, the horseshoe. It was easy to settle on lunch -- a buffalo chicken horseshoe -- yes! Best yet, my friend is a buddy of the owner and the owner comped the meals. I thought I was running goot today.

After the seminar ended, I was wondering why it was taking so long to get out of the parking garage. I found the answer soon enough -- flash flood! Navagating through the flooded streets and the beached cars was some trick. Could my Mustang handle that much water? It got really fun when I was waiting to turn onto a main road and some clown with a big truck blew through the high water in the right hand lane at over 30 mph. . I had my windows down a bit to hear sirens, Before I could get my windows up -- splash -- a huge wave hit my car, drenching the front passenger seat, the dash, the floor, gearshift ...

Traffic on an interstate in town was bumper to bumper. I felt fortunate to be able to get my butt out of town.

What Mookie?

Nothing much to speak of in the Mookie tonight. I misread a betting amount and lost half my chips. I then lost the rest when I hit trip Queens on the river with a King kicker -- good hand. Unfortunately, PokahDave had trip Queens with a Ace kicker -- goombye. Out in about 17 minutes.

It will be interesting to see who wins the final TOC seat tonight. Tomorrow: the Tournament of Champions.

4 Comments:

Blogger bastinptc said...

Guess I should call my mom and other assorted kin to check on water levels.

I may be one of the few natives from The Patch that does not like that heart-stopping faux sandwich.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Give me pastrami any day

11:27 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Glad you got out with nothing worse than getting wet (although I know that was no fun).

12:12 AM  
Blogger dbcooper said...

GL in the TOC tonight

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home