Thursday, May 27, 2010

*sigh* TOC Story *sigh*

Not much to say, really. I've had tournaments where the deck smacked me in the face time and time again and some where almost every flop brought possibilities. Not tonight. The best hands I had all night were J-J (in big blind -- everyone folded -- even small blind) and A-Q sooted. I remember A-Jos once, A-10 once, a few small pocket pairs -- that was it in 2 1/2 hours. Sooted connectors were virtually non-existant.

I guess there different kinds of bad in tournaments. Bubble: bad. Lose on nasty suckout: bad. Make a stoopid play: bad. Get crappy hands all tournament: bad. All different, all bad. At least I can kind of laugh at my bad. Just very disappointing.

A HUGE thanks to AlCantHang for getting this set up for us. It was really fun.

As for me ... I think I'm going to take a break from online poker to some extent. I'll play maybe the Mookie and the Very Josie next week. I am also looking forward to the Blogger Battle Royale.

Oh yeah -- special kudos to the people at BuddyDankRadio who provided commentary and lots of fun during BBT5. And playing The Candy Man, of course!

And finally ... congrats to the winners:

1-3: jjok, NYRambler, Adam27X

4-5: KeepFloppin, adamsapple19

4 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Lightning - GG! Just getting there was a feat IMO.

Congratz to the winners!

4:34 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Ah, tough going. You did the old guys proud by making it, though.

10:22 AM  
Blogger dbcooper said...

I watched your table for about an hour and you hardly played any hands so I assumed you were getting crap cards. Congrats on getting to the TOC anyways.

11:27 AM  
Blogger jjok said...

thanks for the note! gg on thursday

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home