Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tub o' Tuesday Items
Las Vegas Plans
I finally made my reservations for Las Vegas for this summer -- June 19-25. Time was running out and I was recently able to synch everything together. I decided to not play in the WSOP this year but could always make a last-minute decision to play in Event #42 if I felt so inclined. Instead, I might consider trying a few of the other popular tournaments -- Binion's Poker Classic, Golden Nugget Grand Poker Series, or Venetian Deep Stack. Of course, I can almost always be found late at night or in the early morning hours at my Las Vegas "home" poker room -- Bally's.

I see that my Las Vegas dates barely coincide with some of the other bloggers who will be there that week. Anyone interested in breakfast on Sunday, June 20th? If some of us fathers are going to be away from home on Fathers Day, we may as well spend it together, trade a few stories, and have a bloody mary or two, right? Of course, any female bloggers would be welcome too.

BBT5 Poker from the Rail Results
I final tabled last night BBT5 Poker from the Rail tournament, but ran my shortie Q-Q into TwoBlackAces's A-A to go out in ninth place. Early in the tournament, I ran Q-Q into K-K. However, I did have a major suckout early on. It was one of the situations where one makes a bold move, knowing it might be a bad decision, but knowing that getting a big stack early pays great dividends. I've grabbed my ankles enough times in blogger tournaments, so I humbly accepted my windfall.

Special shoutout to heffmike, who once again ran into the lightning36/Full Tilt cooler set vs set. It is uncanny how many times he has been cold decked when we've gone up against each other -- set vs set, A-A vs K-K, etc. Me thinks that someday revenge will come in spades. Oh -- and a big virtual hug (ha ha) to Very Josie, who lost most her stack in a big hand, then ran her remaining chippies into my K-K. I tried explaining how screwy blogger tournaments can be. Welcome to our world!

SCOOP Anyone?
I haven't been reading a whole lot about the PokerStars SCOOP tournaments lately. I used a ticket last weekend to confirm what I already know: I really suck at Limit Hold Em!

I still have three tickets that I won from the WBCOOP tournaments earlier this year, where I had a little success. I finished 81st of 2062 in the Main Event when K-K < A-8, which really sucked. Yeah -- ace on the river, all in pre-flop. However, I did final table Event #2 (Omaha!) and got a $215 ticket for finishing fourth. I lost in that one flopped boat vs flopped boat. Ugly.

I will be playing the following SCOOP tournaments:

May 11 Event 26 (L) NL Hold Em
May 14 Event 33 (L) Omaha H/L
May 16 Event 37 (M) NL Hold Em

Blackhawks vs Canucks -- Game 6
HUGE hockey game tonight as the Chicago Blackhawks again attempt to close out their playoff series against the Vancouver Canucks. I was unfortunately in attendance for game five. Kudos to the guy on the Blackhawks forum who gave us great plans to get the best SRO positions possible. Thank goodness I didn't pay more for my tickets or I would have been really pissed, as the Blackhawks came out and played completely uninspired hockey and were whupped by the Canucks. Goalie Anti Niemi let in a soft goal early and the Hawks never recovered. So far in the series the home teams have only won one of five games. The Canucks sucked in their two home games and the Hawks sucked in two of their three. The best game of the series was game two, which the Hawks won in a squeaker. I was fortunate to be at that game, which was one hell of a good time.

Tonight? Although the Canucks fans will be rallying behind their team, I see a Hawks victory. Although Pirate Lawyer does not agree with me, the Hawks have played better overall in the series and are really a better and deeper team. It ends tonight, bro.

And Schaubs -- trying to become the anti-Waffles cooler won't work!

7 Comments:

Blogger Schaubs said...

Blackhawks will win tonight.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

Next time we're at the same table you'll be assuming the position...may as well practice grabbing those ankles now. :)

You know I heart you lightning, but damn you're a cooler.

12:37 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

See you in Vegas!!!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I will also be playing the scoop L tonight as well as the O/8 on friday. Sunday breakfast in vegas should work for me. Are you staying at the IP again? Good luck in the scoop tonight.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

I'm hoping to make Vegas but it's looking less likely unless the Feds give me a favorable decision soon.

Sorry to hear about the limit game. Why play limit if you suck at it? Me, I'm probably a better limit player than NL but it's hard enough finding a ring game let alone a tourney.

9:35 PM  
Blogger dbcooper said...

I will be in Vegas from the 16th-23rd. Hopefully that Sunday I will be at the final table of my event.LOL

10:21 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Sunday breakfast works for me!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home