Monday, June 07, 2010

Hawks Shine -- One More Win Needed
The Chicago Blackhawks overwhelmed the Philadelphia Flyers last night en route to a 7-4 win in game five of the Stanley Cup finals. This was the team we have seen most of the season -- intense, hard-working, successful. Fortunately, the crappy incarnation that had reared its ugly head in several playoff games was nowhere to be found.

Flyers fans sure seemed to be cocky after game four. Chicago fans, no strangers to seeing defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, have been more subdued. To quote Rick Morrissey, Chicago Sun-Times columnist: "When the Hawks play hard, they're the better team. When they don't, they aren't." That has been the problem. No doubt Flyers fans are pleased with their team's efforts. Philly has shown a lot of heart. It has been frustrating to see the Hawks come without their "A game" in some playoff games. Not last night.
On to game six Wednesday night in Philadelphia. I still get the feeling that the Hawks will close it out in game six. No one wants to see a seventh game.

Totally Oblivious
It is amazing how we can sometimes live within a vacuum. My son and I drove home down I-57 late Saturday night after the White Sox - Indians game. Sure, it was windy and the rain was terrible. I did not think much of it until I saw that tornados touched down in several Illinois communities at about the same time we were driving home. One touched down within several miles of the interstate. So how close were we to a tornado? I think I am glad that I do not know the answer.

Battle Royale Epic Failure
Not much to say about the BBT5 Battle Royale. I did not have my head in the game early on and called off my stack with trips 10's from one of the blinds. Sneaky, I thought. Unfortunately, SmBoatDrinks upgraded his flopped set of Queens to a full house on the turn -- as I hit my trips. I guess I "owed" him that since I sucked out on him deep in one of the BBT5 invitationals -- the one I went on to win. Well played, sir. gg me. Yuck.

To The Laundromat We Go
It has been years and years since I had been in a laundromat. However, since our washer and dryer both broke at the same time and we are awaiting delivery of our new appliances, we had no choice. My wife decided that today would be the day to do it all. She even included the laundry from our kids, who have been trained to do their own. Man, that was quite a haul of clothes we took in. My wife played laundry ninja (nine loads at once) while I went out to get lunch for her and feed the kids.

I was surprised that the cost seemed so reasonable -- only $1.50 per load of wash and $.50 per four minutes in the dryer. My wife always loved having a washer and dryer in the house, but my fond memories were always of going to the laudromat with a monster pile of clothes and getting them all washed at one time. And, of course, always hoping that I could pick up a cutie while there -- in my unattached days, of course. Unfortunately, the only success I had there was in getting my clothes clean. You might say that more than the laundry was agitated at the time ...

4 Comments:

Blogger KenP said...

Sounds like that young man in the laundromat had ring around the...

Well, we'd best not get into that.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

more than the laundry was agitated at the time ...

LOL

5:54 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

You played well enough to get to the TOC. That was much better than most. I think if I was playing in the TOC I would shut down all forms of chat including the FTP chat. I find that it's just much better to concentrate on the tourney without looking at comments etc.
Also....go 'hawks!!!!!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

LOL I was JUST about to copy the same exact like as Mojo!

Funny stuff.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home