Monday, July 26, 2010

Catching Up Since the Cobwebs Have Started to Gather ...
Back at Work
I now have two weeks back at work under my belt. For those new to this blog -- after many years of student-intensive work, I was granted a sabbatical for the spring 2010 semester. The spring semester was reserved as an opportunity to refresh myself professionally and catch up on the latest clinical research and theories. I left the day-to-day grind at the end of January (first time since the early years of the Reagan presidency!) and just returned to the office July 12. I had to teach myself how to use our new computer system, then bam -- back to seeing students.

I am fortunate to have landed in such a great place to work. I love my job and have great colleagues. Difficult to complain.
Update on my Son
I just got back from the Mayo Clinic tonight. My son had his first visit there since his surgery in April. All looks well, which is what we expected to hear. There is never a guarantee on the future for any of us, however.

We were certainly glad to hear the good news, and were reminded of all the prayers and good thoughts we received from our friends. Thanks again to all the members of the online poker community who helped us through those difficult days last April.
Blogger Sighting
I was able to grab a beer with OhCaptain Sunday night. Unfortunately, I had to get home today and just missed seeing Katitude as she also invaded OhCaptain's neighborhood. Hmmm ... the December poker blogger gathering -- BE THERE!

New Tuesday Night Private Tournaments
I stole this from Schaubs, who stole part of it from lj:

Our fine degenerate friend and poker junkie LJ has arranged two weekly tournaments that will start up tomorrow night (July 27th, 2010).

Check it out and make sure you join in the fun!!

"here's the info, it's two tournaments, one regular MTT at 9pm EST and a super turbo KO at 9:15pm ET. password for both is spewday. (no period)

Tournament #174055893 07.27.10 21:00 ET - 3000 chips
Tournament #174065188 07.27.10 21:15 ET - Super Turbo KO"
They are both at Full Tilt Poker. First tournament is $10 + $1, second one is $6 + $0.60. Check 'em out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Wolfshead said...

Glad to hear about the son. Tell him to keep up the good work :->

How come everyone gets to go back to work but me? Didn't think I'd miss it so much. My computer skills are deteriorating.

Plan on Dec if the SSA ever gets off its butt and gets me some income. Can tell it's bad when I'm contemplating getting in touch with a lawyer over one of those "if you took this drug" situations.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

BTW

when you going to start putting titles on your posts so i know when the hell you updated? The time notification on my blogroll is in fine print and it plays hell on the eyes when you are a crippled old fart like me.

11:29 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I put titles on, Wolfshead, but they are usually in different colors. I wonder if that makes a difference?

11:41 PM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Good news about your son. Will keep the thoughts coming.

12:10 AM  
Blogger BamBam said...

So glad to hear about the boy. Reading that put a huge smile on this kids face too!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Glad to hear you're back at work -- keep you out of trouble.

Seriously, glad to hear the Mayo trip was good news.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Shrike said...

I never see titles to your posts, either.

-PL

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home