Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weighty Issues and Poker

The Diet
Okay -- I am happy to report that I actually DID embark upon a better eating plan and have been sticking to it. For example, breakfast today was a large piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and lunch was a Smart Ones entree (290 calories, 50 of them from fat). Drinks were coffee and Coke Zero. Dinner last night was a large Greek salad.

So ... my plan was to cut out snacks and bad food from my diet, substitute in more vegetables and healthier food, and stop eating after dinner or by 8:00 p.m. at the latest.

The results so far: 1) I feel better in the morning since I am not eating late at night. Take THAT, acid reflux problem! 2) I have lost six pounds. I know those were the easy ones to lose. I hope to incorporate more exercise into the plan.
The Poker
I wish I could say that poker has been going as well as the new diet. Unfortunately, I cannot. I seem to have somehow pissed off the poker gods. Either I get terrible cards, I make a small error which costs me (yeah, I admit to some of these), or I play the hand well and get burned when my opponent catches the perfect card on the river.

I have options this weekend to play at gadzooks64's home game or a WSOP Circuit Event in Hammond, Indiana. Maybe I'd be best staying in bed!

5 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Congrats on the 6 lbs. Wish it was me! Since my teammates are kicking butt in the weight loss department I better get my butt moving.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Nice job on the 6 pounds. GL if engage in pokery this weekend.

1:04 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Josie, it seems like a lot of us are trying to have a little less butt. lol Of course, then we'd all look more like that trim looking guy, Mojo.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Congrats on the weight, commiserations on the poker. I dropped 7 but 1, on me it's hardly noticable and 2, it took some heavy depression to do it. Not the healthy way. As for poker just haven't played it.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I have been saying for years that I will start eating better but never stick to a plan. I was planning on going to Hammond this past weekend but after looking at the cost (hotel, rental car, and gas), I convinced myself that if I could get a free room I can fly to vegas and actually SAVE money! Was looking forward to Hammond but I think I would rather play the Venetian Deepstack tournies instead. Good luck with your diet and at the poker tables.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home