Saturday, November 06, 2010

Gasp -- Live Poker Tournament!

Today I will be playing in the first live poker tournament (not counting home games) in almost four months. It is a local charity tournament, meaning that the structure will probably suck. However the entry fee is low ($65 FOR 6,000 chips, one re-buy allowed in the first hour) and there might be some good cash game action. The last time I played cash at a charity tournament the players were pretty bad.

Speaking of live poker ... the final table of the WSOP Main Event starts at noon Las Vegas time today. If I were picking two to win, I would go with John Racener and Matthew Jarvis. No particular reason except that I liked their style on the ESPN broadcasts.

Catch you on the flip side ...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

GL in the tournament.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

GL Light!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

So how'd ya do?

3:20 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Not very good, unfortunately, Wolf. I wasn't getting any cards (meanwhile, the table card rack got K-K back-to-back!). Right before the first break, getting short stacked and wanting to double up, I limped in with a sooted Josie. The button raised and I called. The flop was Jack high. I checked, he raised, and I pushed all in for a little more. Double up. Bingo!

They broke down my table shortly after the break and I had two aggro guys to my right. One started hitting every flop and amassed a big stack. This was a charity tournament and the blinds raised quickly. I got A-J diamonds and pushed. I was called by a woman who barely had me covered. She tabled pocket 7's. The flop was all black and no face cards, the turn was black. She picked up an open-ended straight draw also. The river ... another whiff, and I was out.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home