Monday, November 08, 2010

Lunchtime Gab

This is one of the busiest times of the year at work for me, so time is a bit precious. A few things on my mind ...

2010 WSOP
Thanks to ESPN3 for the live streaming of the WSOP final table. No extra charge? Amazing. I cannot wait to view the new episode Tuesday night. What an exciting final table. No matter how much skill is involved, the river can still crush dreams. If you have been keeping uninformed to make the viewing fresh, I will not spoil it for you. But know that I am rooting for the underdog when heads up begins.

That lightning boy ...
I occasionally get asked how my son is doing. He had an appointment at the Mayo Clinic today. Things continue to look good. There is no sign of any return of the cancer and, outside of making these visits to Mayo every three months, life proceeds normally. His local doctor is fantastic, so we really are blessed to be receiving the best care for him in town and at Mayo. He is already six months past his operation. We are soooo thankful.

Instead of donking off money in online poker, ...
Things have otherwise continued to be busy as I have been spending time preparing my talk and PowerPoint presentation to the board of trustees at my school, a requirement for those who have had sabbaticals. I also have to make a presentation to the school's senate. Finally, I have to file a written report by the end of the year. Yeah, this stuff is a pain, but I am so fortunate to be employed by a school that provides these opportunities to its employees.

So ... it may be a Monday, but things are good in my corner of the world. Not perfect, of course, but pretty damn good.

So ... how is your life looking?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger PokahDave said...

Good to hear about the boy! That is great....

12:32 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Glad to hear Lightning, Jr. is doing great.

Didn't you play live poker Saturday? Hope you won.

1:18 PM  
Blogger gadzooks64 said...

Thrilled to hear that your son is doing well!

And, yeah, I can see you rooting for the underdog ;)

2:43 PM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Your son is often in my thoughts. Glad to hear he is doing well.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home