Sunday, January 09, 2011

lightning36 Challenge Update

Update of my lightning36 Challenge -- an attempt to turn $20 into $1000 on Bodog.

Dec 16, 2010: $19.97

Dec 27, 2010: $282.35

Jan 09, 2011: $406.21

Ah, but this was not just simply a matter of playing hands and having players ship me money. I quickly went up to $325, then had a horrendous streak of losing. So what does one do when losing at certain levels? Change things up! Instead of moving down as some players might do, I moved up! I started playing more $.25/.50 NL, then moved up to $.50/$1. I actually went down to about $100, and decided by best chance to recover was the $50/$1 level. I won some hands and got in a hand with a guy who appeared to be really crappy but kept lucking out. I flopped top two pair with a flush draw on the board. My raise was met by a re-raise. I figured that there was little chance the guy flopped a set, so I pushed all in. He called with a flush draw. I was now either going to go el busto or get back in the game. Fortunately no spades came on the turn or river (we all know that crubs would have gotten there!). I was back up to well over $200.

I decided to stick with the $.50/$1 level, and I have been able to make some progress.

The challenge continues!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Heffner said...

you ought to prop bet Waffles on who makes which $$$ goal faster....

3:52 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

Nice fricking balance. Keep going and keep us updated along the way.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Good job, and thanks for the update.

One thing I do when I start running bad (as they say), is switch to a different game (like switch, say, from NL to Omaha 8). Fresh game, fresh mind.

10:23 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am awaiting the busto post. So Classic.

11:54 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Waffles, I avoided going busto once and do not plan to be in that situation again.

Famous last words ... lol.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home