Thursday, February 03, 2011

Looking Through My High School Yearbooks

A night or two ago my son was moving some things around the house and came upon my high school yearbooks. After looking at what his dad looked like as a junior, he came to a conclusion: "Dad -- you were a nerd!"

Well, I guess he didn't think that he had to adjust for the difference in eras. Yeah -- clothing was different, hair styles were different, the world was different. And looks -- yes, I was much younger and had this thin, tapered athletic body. I wish I could get that back!

I decided to get my senior yearbook and read some of the "inspirational" messages left for me by some of my best friends. They included:

I don't know how I managed to hang around you for such a long time without putting a fist in your face. I can't help it that all the sophomores love you. Friend (I thought Josie would enjoy this one)

If you call me "Snatch" once more you're a dead man. Your friend, Brian (Brian's last name rhymed with "snatch.")

It was tough competing with you for "The Woman," but you're a good sport and you let me have her. Big deal! Ya got to get "The Body" sometime. We'll get drunk over the summer. Sparky (The Woman and The Body were a couple of underclass girls)

Yeah -- those were the days. lol

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger bastinptc said...

I see an inquiring and engaged young man.

12:38 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Actually, bastin, I was involved in many activities including sports, clubs, president of the student government, etc. The picture was taken the morning after an AFS (American Field Service -- foreign exchange club) gym overnighter.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

ROFLLLLLLLLLLL Thanks for the laugh this morning!

I think you look better NOW.

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog, enjoyed most of your articles keep it up

11:19 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

What friends wrote is funny. Thanks for the photo.

11:27 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Is that Bill Gates or Lightnerd36?

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home