Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Quick Wednesday Night Thoughts -- Scores and Scorches

1) I sent in a check to pay what should be my last obligation on my daughter's lease from her ill-fated move to Texas. Thank goodness the property managers found someone to sublease the apartment. Otherwise, I was on the hook until October.  SCORE

2) Turned in my signed contract for next work year. I was on the contract team when we negotiated this sweetheart five-year contract about four years ago -- right before the bottom fell out of the economy. Nothing like putting money directly into the pockets of your coworkers to make you feel the love.  SCORE

3) A big down side of my daughter's Texas travails -- and we were afraid of this -- bed bugs! My daughter's apartment had bed bugs and we most likely brought some home with us. My arms look like Josie has been slapping me around. We seemed to find the source (hopefully), so with some cleaning and an exterminator's help we will get this unpleasant surprise taken care of.  SCORCH

4) I really miss playing blogger tournaments and cash games at Full Tilt. I was really ready for a great BBT6 series. I have still been playing some cash games at UB, but it is not the same.  SCORCH

5) Las Vegas is coming sooner than I think. Only 5 1/2 weeks to go! I'll be there June 19-24. I hope to meet up with Yestbay1 before he leaves town. I have already offered my services as his final table servant should he go that far in his WSOP event! Anyone else going to be in Sin City that week? Let me know.  SCORE

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous KenP said...

I had a tenant move out and leave behind that little gift. Go on the internet. The product is Suspend SC Insecticide. Enough to treat several infestations in the pint.

It is very mild as insecticides go. Can be used on countertops etc. Goes on with a garden sprayer.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Lightning has COOTIES!!!!

Um when I slap you, it won't be on the arm.

8:16 AM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Sorry about the bedbugs Light. That has to suck. Wish I was going back to Vegas soon but probably not till next year. Have a good time and whack a few more tourists.

6:32 AM  
Blogger jamyhawk said...

Damn! I'm in Vegas the 10th-16th.

I'll be sure to leave some money behind for you.

10:59 AM  
Blogger genomeboy said...

dang, I'll be there June 13-17th, just missing you-Hope all is well, Jason

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home