Friday, September 02, 2011

Holiday Weekend Update

Woo hoo -- we are almost at the Labor Day holiday weekend here in the USA. Hopefully many of you will be enjoying a day off Monday as I will.

My brother Jim, who I have sometimes mentioned in this blog (King of Komps), has a birthday tomorrow. I'm driving up to suburban Chicago to go out to lunch with my brother and my mom, then maybe out to Harrah's Joliet, where I am sure I would wander down near the poker room.

Cat news -- Ivy is at home and still alive. She is being fed food and water every day via syringe. She looks a little better, but at some point she needs to start eating and drinking by herself. I hope that day is soon.

Tonight I am going to see if I can catch one of my neighbors who is a board member of my homeowners association. It seems that we received a letter from the association's attorneys, requesting that we move the straw bales from our back yard because they would be a place that would harbor rodents. The bales, by the way, are my wife's straw garden, which has been up for about 16 months! How nice that our association, which talks about our "friendly neighborhood," wasted money and went to attorneys instead of, say, speaking to us or sending a a letter if they thought something was amiss? We like our house, but hate the neighborhood. It is the most unfriendly place in which I have ever lived.

If I play some poker at Harrah's Joliet I will be sure to post a report. The last time I played there I hit some big hands and walked away a happy man. It would be nice to have a repeat performance.

Happy Labor Day!

5 Comments:

Blogger PokahDave said...

homeowners association are run by communists...nothing good ever comes from them. Enjoy the weekend though!!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

GL! GOGOGO!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Glad to hear that Ivy is doing better. GL at the tables.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

I hate homeowners associations which is one of the reasons I would never buy a place in a development, something that is almost impossible these days. Guess they wouldn't have liked the straw bales I used as an archery backstop back in the day.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

I don't understand what a straw garden is exactly, but I'm thinking it's right up my alley. Any chance of posting a picture before it comes down?

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home