Thursday, September 22, 2011

One Week Later

What are things like one week later? I plan on returning to work for a few hours tomorrow. This should not be a bad segue back to the real world. I have been off all this week -- which I am glad I did.

I have been surprised at my body's reaction to exercising. It has actually been better than I expected. The blockage I'd had effected me more than I realized.

My stomach has to wonder what bizarro world it has entered. I have kept a strict watch on what I have been eating -- low fat, low sodium, all wholesome food consisting of mostly vegetables and fruit. No red meat. No junk food. And it hasn't been bad ... yet!

Thanks to all my online poker buds who left kind messages on my blog and in chat forums, called, or otherwise offered their support. It has been much appreciated.

5 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Glad to hear the good news. Hang in there!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Good to hear you're ready to go back to work. And it's Friday so you get another two days off.

GL with the healthy changes.

7:42 AM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Happy for you. Makes me think twice about making biscuits and gravy this weekend. Stay well.

10:44 AM  
Blogger jamyhawk said...

Sorry, I've been so busy I missed this past week's posts.

I am glad I got to hear the good news all at the same time as finding out what happened.

Your story sounds just like mine (except I haven't had the scare yet). I'm still eating poorly and increasing my "standard weight".

Maybe it's time I do something before it's too late.

Keep up the health kick! GL

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Well I haven't been online much lately so I haven't read any blogs. So obviously I was suprised to see what happened. I'm glad to hear you're ok. It's too bad that it takes something like this to make us get off our butts and exercise and eat healthy(er).

I quit smoking 4 weeks ago and am trying to start eating better, but since I quit smoking all I want to do is eat.

Glad to hear you are doing good. Keep us posted and good luck with your diet.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home