Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quick Update

Yes, I am still alive and well. A few quick updates from past posts ...

Health
I am doing well, almost six weeks after my mild heart attack. Yes -- I have gotten health religion! I have cut out red meat from my diet, have drastically cut down the cholesterol and sodium in my diet, have cut out most of my unhealthy snacking, and have been exercising regularly. My blood pressure is down, and although I have not seen the most recent blood work results, I know my cholesterol should be way down. I have lost 18 pounds and feel great. It was unfortunate that my wake up call was what it was, but hopefully I will not have any of those issues in the future.

The Straw Garden
A few weeks ago I met with the president and a board member from my homeowners' association. I did get an apology for the way in which my situation was handled (letter from attorney without any prior notice from the association), although the president did think my wife's straw garden was nasty looking. As soon as the final harvesting is done we will break down the bales for compost, which was our original plan. As for my neighbors who didn't like it -- screw them!

Oh yeah -- our annual association meeting was last night. Only four of the board members attended (a few were out of town) and only four home owners showed. I nominated myself for the board prior to the meeting, but a quorem was not present and therefore no voting took place. Am I on? Not sure. Better to keep your enemies close.

Poker
I decided against playing in the stimulus event at the WSOP Circuit Event at Harrah's Horseshoe Hammond because I didn't want to deal with the hassles. I played once at the riverboat in Peoria (lost once again there) and finally had a home game on my table. I hope to return to The Shoe sometime in the next two weekends and have a home game scheduled for one week from today.

WPBT
I am ready to go to Las Vegas in December for the annual blogger gathering and tournament. I get the impression that the government's heavy hand with online poker will have a big effect on attendance this year. It seems to me that a lot of the old "A list" bloggers plan on going but not so many of the B and C listers.

I also have a return trip to Las Vegas already planned for February and may also be going to a professional conference in Clearwater Beach, FL that same month. Sounds interesting.

Cheers!

10 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Glad to hear your doing well healthwise biatch. :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Good thing you are not going to Las Vegas in December. With the way I will look by then you would have had an ever harder time keeping your hands off me ...

1:53 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Thanks for the update.

LOL on your comment to Josie.

5:38 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Unfortunately, her idea of putting her hands on you Lightning is punching the shit out of you. Let me know if you're gonna be down this way in February.

9:46 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Wouldn't surprise me if Joe C likes it kinda rough. He he

9:58 PM  
Blogger Bayne_S said...

Govt. has noting to do with my missing WPBT this year.

I was doomed to miss.

Anniversary is that weekend but even if it was 2d weekend of December I would miss for trip to China

4:26 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Very glad to hear you are doing well. I'm booked for Vegas. I'll see you there!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Still hoping to make WPBT but only 50-50 right now. Will probably be last min decision. Good trip to AC might tilt the balance. If I could make it by driving or even train it would be definite go but still not sure I want to travel alone by air.

2:10 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Sheesh -- possibly no Josie and no Wolfie? That would suck big time.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous WISPR vaporizer said...

I wanted to give you a quick update on "missiles invisible" bug. We are still working to isolate the problem as this bug is very difficult.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home