Saturday, December 10, 2011

Run Bad Continues

I was hoping to start on my WBPT report but the end of this week has proven to be quite challenging. People who know me know that I bitch about water problems all the time. Well ... it happened again! Something in the basement is not working properly and there was, thankfully, only a relatively minor water incident. Always water!

Feeling a bit run down after the WPBT weekend, I picked up a cold and have some nasty congestion. Passing up an excellent photo op here, btw! This would not make that much of a difference except that a family emergency had us running every which way today. My mother-in-law, who has had her share of serious medical problems over the years, has had a turn for the worst and might not make it this time. As a result, my wife left town in a hurry to be with her mom. That also, unfortunately, changed my weekend plans. Instead of spending a calm Sunday at home watching the Chicago Bears' football season go down the drain or logging in some poker time at Harrah's Horseshoe Hammond, I will be trekking up to OhCaptain country to take my son to his medical appointment at the Mayo Clinic. Nothing like a 900+ mile round trip up north in winter, I always say! I decided not to take my Mustang since I currently can't open the passenger side door (see previous post), so I sure hope the car my oldest daughter drives, a RAV4, will do the job.

I hope your life has been a little less challenging than mine the past few days!

12 Comments:

Blogger bastinptc said...

Wishing only the best for your family.

1:21 AM  
Blogger crafty said...

Brother Lightning - I'll be thinking of your family. Give my best to the Mrs. for me please?

2:58 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

light, as bastin said i too am wishing only the best for the fam.

but that being said, i would *love* to read your recap before next december. i've heard it's *not all about me* but it really is. :) do not make me beg!

9:50 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

My wife got to the hospital late last night and said that her mother looked the worst that she has ever seen her, unfortunately. I was not even sure that Mom would still be alive this morning, but she apparently is hanging in there no better or no worse. Renal failure is a big issue.

My WPBT recap will not be very exciting since Josie will only BRIEFLY be mentioned. Her ears must have been ringing a lot that weekend, howevah ...

10:43 AM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Light

All the best to your wife and family. Hoping your mother in law takes a turn for the better today.

Unlike some others who shall not be named, I will wait patiently for your recap when you have the time and temperament to do it right. I am especially interested in hearing how you ruled at Ballys again. Apparently you still "own the place" according to one highly placed source.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

I'll try to be patient.

thinking of you and your family.

11:30 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Off to Minnesota. If all goes well I should be drinking a beer with OhCaptain about 9 hours from now.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Please let Mrs. Lightning know my thoughts are with her.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

Prayers for your son and M-I-L.

2:09 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Hope everything works out for the better... Get back to your old run-good at Bally's....

6:36 PM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

Best wishes to you and yours, my friend.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home