Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Illinois Primary: Voting Disclosure

Today was a voting day -- the Illinois primary. Although some people do not allow political talk on their poker blogs, I am going the opposite direction and am in fact disclosing one of my votes in today's primary election.

First, let me say that I have always been a big fan of Subway sandwiches. Subway was the first big name in fresh made-to-order sandwiches and has always impressed me with its many options to have a healthy alternative to fast food. I generally have lots of veggies on my sandwich, eschewing the fatty sauces that add empty calories to the meal. However, I will admit  to liking other brands, notably Penn Station and Silver Mine. However, I was determined not to let my fondness for one brand have an effect on my voting when the stakes are so high -- the future of the United States of America.

Therefore, please know that I can attest with 100% veracity and an equivalent measure of sincerity that in today's Illinois primary, I actually cast a vote for ... the one ... the only ... the original ...

6 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Did you vote for me?

8:28 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I do not recall any Italian bloggers being on the ballot.

And my post is 100% true.

8:39 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

We have a couple of those JJ places out here and yet I have never bothered to eat at them.

Are they good? Are they more than an overpriced Subway?

Just curious.

Also, the ballot lumps all Dago's under "other"
:)

8:49 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I personally do not care much for Jimmmy John's subs but my kids adore them.

Hmmmm ... "Dagos?" Better watch out -- some of those Italian women can be dangerous when mad ...

8:53 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Awesome. I appreciate the shout out. Very funny too.

Never heard of that joint. I see the only one in CA is near Fresno, a place I hope to never see before I die. Don't remember ever seeing in Vegas, either.

But come on, Lightning, I'm sure I know how you voted. You wrote in former Governor Rod blagojevich, didn't you?

8:59 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I voted for Jimmy John today.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home