Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Almost There


My flight for Las Vegas leaves in 12 hours. I spent the past few days preparing things at home and at work so that I would have little hanging over my head when I return. The past ten weeks have been challenging as I moved into my new role at work. I have been looking forward to this vacation for some time. I am ready.

I don't know how this vacation will turn out. I am looking forward to connecting with some old friends and perhaps meeting some of my newer online friends in person for the first time. I hope to play in two or three decent tournaments and spend plenty of time in the cash games at Bally's, maybe Harrahs, Bellagio, the WSOP, or other places. I have a feeling down deep that I will win a Royal Flush high hand bonus at Bally's. Just a feeling ...

Entertainment should be all around. Lots of WSOP bad beat stories will likely be heard and of course, the best entertainment might be the Very Josie show -- watching the princess somehow navigate her way through her many male admirers (and at least one female admirer!) while trying to get in some poker hours.

Thanks to a co-worker, I will have free online access this trip and plan, for the first time, to actually blog from Las Vegas. I have been asked to take some pictures, so I might be like Memphis MOJO and Oh Captain and be that guy always taking pictures. On the other hand, I have never liked to live my life looking through a view finder, so maybe not.

I am even packing for this trip earlier than usual. I usually wait until the last, last minute and just throw things in the ol' suitcase.

So ... these are just the boring ramblings of a guy who needs a break. I've got a feeling things will get more relaxed ... and less boring ... over the next six nights.

8 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Have a good trip.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Vegas is calling you.....

2:11 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Yay!!! I can't wait! See you soon baby!

3:02 AM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

So jealous of y'all... Good luck!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Carmel said...

Have a safe flight, I have an Apple for you :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Look forward to your reports. And, of course, jealous as hell. Good luck. And make that Royal crubs, ok?

11:35 AM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

Have fun and good luck! Looking forward to some interesting stories and photos.

8:13 PM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

Have fun and good luck! Looking forward to some interesting stories and photos.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home