Thursday, June 21, 2012

Las Vegas Day 1: Brief Report

What -- I am up posting at 8:00 a.m. while in Las Vegas? And this is even after a night of sleep!

Nothing eventful, thank goodness, on the trip here. I got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Going through the TSA line, however, I was selected at random, yanked to the side, and my laptop was given the swab test.

Check in at Bally's was quick and easy -- just the way I like it. No -- keep your mind out of the gutter!

Met two bloggers in person for the first time. The first was balt999, who is also a dealer at Bally's. I had played at Ron's table before, but did not know he was a blogger at that time. I also met Rob from Rob's Vegas and Poker Blog. Rob and I played some cards at Bally's, had dinner together, then went to his favorite place, the "BSC" poker room, and tossed a few cards there. Of course, knowing full well Rob's aversion to guys who were their caps backwards, I made sure I wore one just like that for a bit in his honor. We had some great conversations, and I am sure at least a few ears were ringing!

I hit the wall at BSC and decided to call it a night early. I did sneak in one more quick sessions at Bally's before going to bed.

The first day was one of ultimate grinding. I actually made a small profit in every session, even if that profit was only a few dollars. Still, being ahead is better than being behind.

If anyone in Las Vegas wants to connect up with me while I am here, send me a tweet: @lightning36.

Onward and upward!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Way to grind it out! Wish I was there!! May the cards fall in your favor :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Oh my gosh...that was YOU I met and played poker with and ate dinner with last nite? Damn. I thought it was Waffles.

Now I have to completely rewrite the post I am working on from yesterday.

11:16 AM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

Welcome back to Vegas. Good luck at the tables

12:16 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Got trip aces to fold, eh?... :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Pete P. Peters said...

What's this "tweet" you speak of?

5:29 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Good luck Lightning. Do me a favor and clean out some of the fishies at Ballys

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home