Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Las Vegas Stay Extended

Geez, I wish I could say that I am having such a great time or am so hung over that I am staying an extra night in Las Vegas. I would like to be hung over? Well, maybe that option wouldn't be so bad. At least I would have had fun getting there.

Either I caught some nasty virus or ate some bad food at the Slots O' Fun Subway Sunday night, but I felt like absolute crap yesterday. I did go out to lunch with VJ yesterday and was already feeling the effects, but it got worse afterwards as I played some cash games with Tony, Robs Vegas Poker, VJ, and koala of TBC fame. After VJ left to catch her flight, Rob dropped me off at Bally's. I had hoped to put in some hours at the poker room there, but instead immediately went to my room. Believe me, you do not want to hear details of my last seven hours.

So ... I have extended my trip one extra night. Plane reservations have already been switched and I should be able to take care of the hotel in the morning.

This will not exactly go down as one of my favorite Las Vegas trip report posts. Even rat bastards get sick sometimes ...

13 Comments:

Blogger grrouchie said...

That does indeed suck - feel better man

6:55 AM  
Blogger Cranky said...

Getting sick when you travel is the worst. A colleague and I once got food poisoning at the swanky restaurant we took our clients to on our last night in San Antonio. I threw up all night then had to somehow manage my 2 flights home to boston feeling barely alive. Good deal that you could stay and recuperate.

I hope they have chicken soup on the room service menu.

7:14 AM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Feel better buddy!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Feel better!

8:05 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Stay away from buffet shrimp!!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Avoid watching any "House" reruns while you recuperate. Feel better. I'll wave as I head north from Spfld this Sat.

11:05 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

sure your not just sick from losing to Josie?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better with some rest.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

1:06 PM  
Blogger CoolDave88 said...

Total downer. Hope you feel better.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Ouch, sorry to hear this.

5:14 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Sorry Light, it always sucks to get sick on vacation. However if there is anywhere I'd rather have to stay extra days, Vegas would be the place.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Lindy99 said...

Bummer Dude, hope things turn around for ya....it was nice briefly meeting you at the AVP event...you definately seem to be the stand up good guy that people describe you as.

9:04 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Get better lightning...

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home